Monday, July 16, 2007

The One Where Some Things Work and Others Don't

Shiver me timbers. The sheer delight I felt at plucking away at my ol' keyboard. Who knew that word processing could be so... Oh. Oh. Wait...I can't do this. I can't fake it over web based apps (Zoho Writer)- no matter how versatile it is. I'm sorry.

However, I can see where it might be useful for folks who are collaborating on a document. Plus, how nice is it for me to write-up my blog post and then just upload it right from here?! (Yes, I love re-entering my username and password to no avail. I prefer cutting and pasting, really.) That's convenient. Bah-humbug.

Now, onto the Web 2.0 Awards. There were some mighty fine contenders listed here. I'm going to mention two. Working in the Outback, it gets mighty lonesome. One might find themselves speaking to imaginary friends or humming little ditties while they rock back in forth snacking on locks of my their hair. But never fear,
Pandora.com has come to my the rescue. This lovely site allows you to create your VERY OWN RADIO station - commercial free. You simply type in a song or band you like, and they play somthing they think is along that genre. You can then give it a thumbs up or down. Because of licensing issues, you're limited to the number of vetoes you can give in an hour. In addition, rate hikes suggested in the Internet Radio Equality Act may impact the site in the future.

One other site I liked was
RealTravel.com. Love the fact I can search by activity, and then drill down by place AND read blogs of folks who have actually been there. Can we say, practical?!

No comments: